Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Graham Crackers

Ingredients:
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tsp lemon or vinegar
2 tsp vanilla
6 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
Mix together evaporated milk, lemon juice. Add oil, honey, vanilla, eggs and sugar. Add all ingredients to flour and mix. Divide into 4 equal parts. Place on greased and floured cookie sheet. Roll to edges with pizza roller - 1/8" thick. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until brown. Cut in squares when first out of oven. Cool.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I had to try this. Our family loves graham crackers. It did taste like them, but not as crunchy. I ended up with three jelly rolls pans, each time I rolled them thinner, they were better the thinner I could get them. They were a hit in our house.

Lesli said...

We tried this out and gobbled them right up. I put about 2 tablespoons of molasses with the honey(minus 2 tbsp) and it turned out great. I will definitely make these again.