Monday, December 1, 2008

Wheat Thins

Ingredients:
2 cups wheat flour
1 1/4 cups white flour
1 cup water
1/3 cup oil
3/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in bowl.  Add water and oil.  Stir gently to make a smooth dough. Divide dough in half.  Roll out on a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan very thin.  Score with a knife or pizza roller the desired size.  Prick each cracker with a fork a few times.  Sprinkle dough lightly with salt or onion salt.  Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees until light brown and crisp.  The edges will cook faster than the center.

1 comment:

Lesli said...

My kids love these crackers. They go great with cheese or ham. I found that I like them better with just a dash more salt. Also, as the edges cook faster I removed the perimeter and cooked the center a little longer.